Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Halloween Birthday Brewers Blog

So it's my B-day, and yes, it's Halloween. In celebration I'm going to randomly talk about some stuff that I would be interested in seeing, trade ideas I may have, and talk about some players that I like.

Mike Cameron-
I like Mike. I hope to see him back in Center next year, but hopefully at a reduced rate (5 mil?) Here is something to think about for Mike. This season he became I believe just the 20th player in the history of the game to hit 250HR and steal 250 bases. Cam only needs 6 more SB, and if he hits just 35 more bombs, he could become just the seventh player ever to do that. To me that is a Hall of Fame career.

Jonathan Lucroy-
This kid can hit, and has seemingly passed Angel Salome on the depth charts to be the Brewers' number one catching prospect. In a story recently on Brewers.com Lucroy said, "I'm not going to settle for being in the Minor Leagues next year..." I'm apposed to bringing back Kendall, and would like to see Angel and Jonathan slug it out in Spring Training, with Rivera backing up once again.


David Bush-
Not a bad guy to throw into a trade somewhere. He has done a nice job of giving the Brewers some innings the last few seasons, but I think his time is over. Gallardo and Suppan are for all intensive purposes locks for the rotation, and it's too early to give up on Parra, there is Narveson and Burns for depth, and GM Doug Melvin is looking to pick up 2 arms this off season. Bye Bye Bushy. He's coming off a poor season but has been durable in the past, trade him for whatever, somebody has to want him...

Craig Counsell-
I'm ready for one more season of Craig. He can't take too much to bring back, and I kind of doubt he wants to play anywhere else. He still picks it at 3 defensive positions, and with his new found hitting ability can contribute at the dish.


This season could actually be pretty damn good. This off season could hypothetically get pretty crazy, and I don't know if Melvin is up for it, but it could kinda get nuts. We have all sorts of people available for trade. J.J. Hardy is one of the more prized SS available and should net something decent. Matt Gamel is a top notch prospect that could now be expendable. Bush is somebody that could go. Hypothetically one of our catching prospects could go. We need two starters and a center fielder... get crazy, have some fun with it. Giants need a 1B and a SS... maybe we could pry away one of those fine starters they have...

That's it for now. Happy Birthday to me. Brew Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment