Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Arbitration Talk

I have to give a shout to Tim Dierkes over at MLB Trade Rumors for his very good explanation of the arbitration process, so I'm going to pass on that link (though I think mine is fairly good too).

Also, now talk is coming out of the Brewers camp that Lopez may not be offered arbitration. GM Doug Melvin asks the question, "Where would he play?". He talks about the depth but the issues of good players wanting playing time, and also the trade off of money spent on an extra infielder versus pitching. Regardless, I still think the Brewers offer Lopez arbitration, I have no idea why he would except, and even if he did he would have some nice trade value.

It for now. The deadline is tonight at 11pm CT, so I'm sure I'll have another post with reactions to what the Crew does. Brew Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment