Monday, November 9, 2009

More Lackey Rumors

So Jerry Crasnick at ESPN took a poll of twenty executives down at the GM meetings (which are happening now). One of the subjects of this talk was free agent ace, John Lackey, talking both place and price. Eight said the Yankees, four the Mets, three the Angles, with the Dodgers, Astros, Brewers, and Orioles receiving one vote apiece (one abstained). Estimated price range for Lackey was 3 years $36 million to 6 years $100 million. I'm going to guess the guy who said 100 mil also voted Yankees...

Not that I put any real strength in it, but it is interesting that someone thinks the Brewers have a shot. I'm not sure how I support that much money being spent (I was against signing Sabathia...) but something like a 4 year 48 million dollar deal wouldn't be too bad, a Suppan like contract for a pitcher much better than Jeff Suppan. However, seeing as he is the prize catch this winter, I see the price being much higher, and the Brewers grabbing somebody in my previous posts.

Thought I'd pass it on. Brew Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment